Monday, December 23, 2013

Welcome to Our Story.....

As many of you know by now I've been researching our ancestry for over 10 years. What started out as simple curiosity and a love of history has ballooned into bookshelves of information, photos, and stories beyond anything I ever thought I would find. Along the way I've connected with relatives I've heard about in stories and others I never knew existed. Some I still keep in touch with and others have sadly passed away since I started. It has always been my goal to compile and make available to the family a history of who, what, where, and why of how we got here... but something a bit more interesting than just a boring list of names and dates. It's the stories and photos that really make our history come alive!

The more I've researched the more I've realized this project will never be done. There is always one more fact or story that will come out of the woodwork... so I'm making a commitment that now is the time to finally start getting the info out to everyone and this seems like the best way to go about doing it. This format will also let the family be interactive in commenting, asking questions, and maybe connecting some of the dots that I've yet to figure out. I will try as my schedule allows to make regular postings on here so keep checking or sign up to be notified when new posts are added. I also encourage you to ask questions and I will try to answer them or ideas you have for a post. And if there is a fact that is wrong or questionable... please tell me! I'm always updating and adding to our story. The main theme of this blog will be the Beatty's, but I will also be going into the maternal lines as well from my paternal grandparents on back. So there will also be some postings about the Hart side (and related families), Kretzer, Hughes, Miller, and Borland.

I don't have a graphical relationship tree on here for you to reference at this point (actually it's just too large!) so I will add mini trees with many posts so you can get an idea of where the ancestor fits in. The majority of you should know my grandparents and your relationship to them (Frederick Theodore "Ted" Beatty & Betty Hart Beatty) so they will be my starting point for these mini trees. I will try to mix it up since not every family will apply to everyone, though there are some interesting characters to read about even if you are not related. So spread the word, bare with me while I get the kinks worked out of the site, and we'll see how this works out.... Enjoy and Happy Holidays!!

- Mike Beatty

No comments:

Post a Comment