Friday, February 21, 2014

What Happened to David Hughes?? (Part 2)

As the reunion draws near after 30 years apart, here's the last letter from David to his daughter Kate before he arrives.


Sept 13th, '95,

Linden, Iowa Co., Wis

My dear daughter,

Yours of the 3rd is at hand, glad to hear that you are all well. Aunt Lizzie and my self are well. I am intending to leave here on Monday or Tuesday morning and will be at Indiana by Wednesday or Thursday of next week. All being well will be glad if some of you will meet me at the depot. My love to you all

From your father
David Hughes 

Of course I will do my best to be there on Wednesday evening.





Margaret & Kate around 1865... this is what his wife and daughter looked like the
 last time David had seen them almost 30 years ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment