Thursday, January 16, 2014

Beatty Reunion - 1934






For many years it was an annual tradition for the Indiana, PA Beatty's to hold a reunion. It was held at the old William Burton Beatty homestead. Here's an article from 1934 listing the attendees that year. My great-grandparents Irvin & Bertha along with my grandfather Ted are among the group. I have pictures from other years that I'll post later. Some emails from Ralph Beatty Jr talking about the old homestead and the reunions there and what became of the homestead in later years. Also some stories from my great uncle David  H Beatty are recounted in his bio he wrote. Recently there still have been some reunions held (not at the homestead site though), the most recent I heard about was descendants of William B. Beatty's son Harry. Unfortunately I wasn't able to attend but hopefully I'll catch one in the future!


No comments:

Post a Comment